Tighter Covid-19 restrictions have come into drive in Dublin in an effort to stem rising ranges of the virus.
The new guidelines got here into drive within the metropolis and surrounding county at midnight on Friday.
For the subsequent three weeks, individuals can be discouraged from leaving town and county except for important causes.
They are being requested to earn a living from home the place potential and solely to make important journeys on public transport.
In Dublin metropolis guests to personal houses and gardens ought to be restricted to a most variety of six from one different family.
There are to be no organised indoor gatherings and out of doors gatherings are to be as much as a most of 15.
Restaurants and pubs that had been serving meals will solely be allowed to cater outdoor, to a most of 14 individuals, or present a take-away service.
‘Will save lives’
Pubs in the remainder of the Republic, no matter whether or not they serve meals, can be allowed to open on Monday.
Only elite sporting fixtures are being allowed to happen. Sports coaching can proceed however solely outdoor and in pods of as much as 15 whereas gymnasium courses have been suspended.
Funeral attendances are capped at 25 and the identical cap can be launched for weddings from Monday.
The new guidelines are primarily based on suggestions from public well being officers on the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET).
The metropolis and county is being moved from stage two to stage three of the nation’s five-level alert system. The authorities decides when to maneuver between ranges primarily based on recommendation from the NPHET.
Taoiseach (Irish prime minister) Micheál Martin stated that with out motion there was an actual risk Dublin may return to the worst days of the disaster.
“I do know the restrictions will make many individuals offended however we’ve got very clear recommendation that they are going to save lives,” stated Mr Martin.
Three additional deaths and 253 new Covid-19 instances had been confirmed on Friday – 116 of them had been in Dublin.
It brings the overall variety of coronavirus deaths to 1,792 within the nation.
Placing Dublin at stage three has the next implications for these residing or working in Dublin:
- Visitors to personal houses and gardens ought to be restricted to a most variety of six from one different family.
- No social/household gatherings ought to happen, with exemptions to this for weddings and funerals (see under).
- No organised indoor gatherings ought to happen. Organised out of doors gatherings are permitted, as much as a most of 15 individuals.
- People residing in Dublin ought to stay within the county (i.e. they need to not depart Dublin to journey both domestically or internationally), aside from those that should journey for work, schooling and different important functions.
- People residing exterior of Dublin shouldn’t journey to Dublin, aside from those that should journey for work, schooling and different important functions.
- People working in Dublin are requested to earn a living from home except completely needed.
- Schools, Early Learning and Childcare companies ought to stay open. Adult and Higher Education Institutions ought to stay open, however are requested to assessment protecting measures and take steps to restrict congregation as a lot as potential.
- People are requested to stroll or cycle the place potential in order that public transport is offered to be used by important staff and for important journey solely.