The chair of the Oireachtas Committee on Children has said she has not yet seen a letter from former members of the Mother and Baby Homes Commission of Investigation reportedly refusing an invitation to appear before the committee.
Sinn Féin TD Kathleen Funchion said the first she heard about this was in a report on the Irish Times website this afternoon.
She said the clerk of the committee received a “one line email” from Commission Director Ita Mangan on behalf of its members at 11.25am, stating that a letter had been hand delivered to the Oireachtas.
Committee members are still trying to establish the whereabouts of the letter.
This was the third time members were invited to appear before the committee, which will meet on Tuesday to discuss how to proceed from here.